Friday 25 June 2010


Today I woke up with my first hay-fever 'symptoms' of 2010 and felt like death. But thankfully i managed to drag myself out of bed and walk down the road and meet my good friend miriam at one of our favourite places, Cafe 103, to have a good ol' chin wag.
Miriam had a peppermint tea and I went for a nice chilled glass of ginger beer-heaven.
We then had the mammoth desicion of what cake to get...
The cafe/deli gets fresh cakes and pastries delivered throughout the day, so we had plenty of delicious options to choose from. In the end we decided on an apple clafoutis tart, something that neither of us had eaten before. But I think I can safely say that we will BOTH be having this again- it was lovely! crunchy pastry, full of fresh appley chunks and a creamy custard like filling. To pastry purists I'm sure it was an abomination to call this a clafoutis, but i thought it was lush! :)
This is defiantly next on my list of things to bake, and I will be sure to take a picture to show you all!
Ps. I want followers...

No comments:

Post a Comment